The San Marcos Unified School District maintains a contract with the U.S. Department of Agriculture to sponsor free and reduced priced breakfasts and lunches for our students who qualify. This program is to ensure that students are able to take full advantage of their education by having nutritious meals available. It is also a way for families to best use their available income by not having to provide for their student's breakfast and lunch.
1. High School students no longer use meal cards. Every student is assigned a unique six-digit number that identifies all of his/her or her records. His/her identification (ID) number appears at the top of the student's class schedule.
2. Your child should check with the school manager to be sure that his/her/her student identification number has been activated in the system.
3. Students who prepay the full price for meals also use their student ID numbers so there is no way to identify needy students.
4. To use the free or reduced price meal privilege, the student should come to the cafeteria window, order his/her meal, enter his/her student ID number on the key pad in front of the window and press enter.
5. If students cannot remember their student ID numbers, they should go to the cafeteria or school office before school and the staff will assist them.